Planning is one of the keys to the long term success of a club. It is the most effective way to sustain, improve and develop your club or association and map out a better future.
Before you start preparing your plan, see what Softball NZs Vision, Purpose, Values, and long term direction is. You will find all of these in SNZ strategic and business plan. You may wish (and we at SNZ encourage) to align some of your association’s objectives with Softball NZ.
These documents or links to these can be found at the bottom of this page.
Benefits of planning
Planning your club or association’s future will help you to:
1. Prioritise goals and objectives
2. Establish performance and evaluation criteria
3. Assists with creating role descriptions for employees, key volunteers or subcommittees
4. Assess progress / development
5. Help volunteers and staff better understand the business of running a club or association
6. Ensure a professional approach
7. Secure funding and win sponsorship deals
8. Identify promotion and marketing strategies
9. Allocate resources more efficiently
10. Show what your club or association can offer potential new players/members
11. Involve members in decision-making therefore improve team morale.
Strategic Plans and Business Plans are created to become “live” documents – which means that they aren’t set in stone and there is room for some movement annually. They should be used to help the association grow in its development, capability, profile etc.
This section of the website
will provide you guidance on
- Creating strategic plans
- Creating business / operational plans
- Creating annual plans
- SWOT analysis
- 3 common mistakes with long term planning
Please contact your appointed SNZ Softball officer for further assistance with the creation or the processes for any of the above
|Resource or link
|Softball NZs Strategic Plan Poster
Softball NZ’s Strategic plan 2014 - 18
|Softball NZs Business Plan
Softball NZ’s Business plan 2014 - 18