- Softball for 35+ years
- Players must have played Senior A Representative Softball
- There is no age limit.
- Pitchers must not be currently pitching at Senior A Club level
- A maximum of 16 teams per tournament
- Standard softball rules apply
- Evergreens male and female tournaments are generally only played once a year
The Evergreen male and female tournaments are generally played once a year by Softballers over the age of 35. The tournament is a two day affair which rotates around New Zealand on an annual basis in the month of March.
The game is played using the same rules used as softball. The most notable differences between Evergreens and the traditional form of the game are:
- Must be 35+ years
- Pitchers must not be currently pitching at Senior A Club level. Note, a pitcher doing this can still play Evergreens, but not as a Pitcher
- No bunting or stealing.
- Players must have played Senior A Representative Softball, (for any province), and must have been out of rep. Softball for a minimum of 2 years.
The Evergreen rules are available for download here
COMPETITVE SOFTBALL OPTIONS