TOURNAMENT DOCUMENTATION/ FORMS
Below are the tournament documents and forms required by Associations, Clubs, and Schools for entering Softball NZ tournaments this upcoming 2020/21 season. They range from entry forms to return schedules (team rosters) to 'pick up player' forms. Any queries whatsoever please contact your local club, school, or association
or contact Softball NZ
NATIONAL TOURNAMENT RULES CHANGES FOR THE 2021/2022 SEASON
(Includes the changes to the import rule)
NZ AGE GRADE NATIONALS
NATIONAL FASTPITCH CHAMPIONSHIP (NFC) FORMS
- Association team entry form - not applicable this season
- Team roster form - not applicable this season
- Association pick up form - not applicable this season
NZ OPEN CLUBS FORMS
- Important NFC Info, dates, & deadlines form
- NFC team entry form
- NFC rules and explanations document
- NFC Return Schedule
NZ NATIONAL, NORTH & SOUTH ISLAND SECONDARY SCHOOL FORMS
- NZ Open Clubs team entry form (Final entry due 11 Feb, 2022)
- NZ Open Clubs team roster form - Men (Due 11 Feb, 2022)
- NZ Open Clubs team roster form - Women (Due 11 Feb, 2022)
- NZ Open Club Tournament pick up form
MISCELLANEOUS & FORMS
- Entry Form
- Fri 26 Feb, 2021: Div 1 finalists notified to SNZ by associations/liaison officers
- Thurs 4 March 2021: Entry fee and team roster due to SNZ
- Sec School Div 1 & 2 information document
- Div 1 Roster form
- Div 2 Nth Island roster form
- Div 2 Sth Island roster form
- Tournament Manual - Rules & Regulations Surrounding SNZ Tournaments here
- Inter-Association Transfer Form
- New strike zone here
- SNZ Rulebook 2022 – 2025 here
- National Tournaments - Zero Tolerance Policy here
- WBSC Rules Changes here
- WBSC Points of Emphasis re Pitching Rule Change here
- WBSC Bat List here
Players wishing to leave New Zealand to play in another country (either permanently or for a specified period) must complete the following Forms prior to departing New Zealand:
- Sanction to Play Overseas Form - This form must be signed by the club, association, then forwarded to Softball New Zealand together with the WBSC Player Transfer Form (below).
- WBSC Player Transfer Form - This Form is used to track player/coach whereabouts around the world. Although this Form implies that the application represents a request to ‘transfer’ (permanent move), the WBSC has clarified that it applies to specified periods also. This Form must be signed by Softball New Zealand and the receiving Softball Federation.
Once all parties have signed the Forms, Softball New Zealand will email all parties involved in the process.
OVERSEAS PLAYERS WISHING TO PLAY IN NEW ZEALAND
Players wishing to play in New Zealand must complete a WBSC Player Transfer prior to arriving in New Zealand.
- WBSC Player Transfer Form
The Form must indicate the country and club for whom they will be playing (including the club’s contact details). The Form must be signed by the sending National Federation/Association and emailed to SNZ@softball.org.nz If the process has been followed correctly, Softball NZ will sign the Form and email it to all parties involved in the process including WBSC.
GUIDELINE FOR TOURNAMENT SELECTORS
BAT COMPRESSOR TEST
- Pitcher Award
The Tournament Pitcher Award is not necessarily to be given to the pitcher with the best ERA. The award is to be given to the best performed pitcher at the tournament. Low ERA’s can be achieved by second string pitchers facing weaker opposition while the first string pitcher is required to contain the stronger batters from the top ranked teams – again, raw statistics often do not tell the whole story.
Bat compressor testing will be undertaken at selected national tournaments from the 2015-16 season onwards. Information below outlines testing protocols and video examples of failed and passed tests courtesy of the SNZ Umpires.
|Bat Compressor Test - Fail
||Bat Compressor Test - Pass