Financial planning and management can seem daunting but once it’s worked out what needs to be done and who’s the best person to do it, you’ll find its common sense.
Good financial management is essential for your club’s survival and is an important part of good governance
. It involves being able to
- Review financial information,
- Effectively manage funds,
- Implement sound financial practices and
- Understand your club’s financial position and obligations
If the financial ‘nuts and bolts’ are in place, your club will run smoothly and achieve its goals.
A starting point to gaining good financial management is below
- Have you appointed an effective treasurer?
- Have you established the right accounting system for your club?
- Have you opened the appropriate banks accounts for your club?
- Has an annual budget and cash flow forecast been written?
- Has an auditor been appointed, if appropriate? (check the requirements in your club or associations constitution)
- Has the Association or club acquired the appropriate insurance?
Please find below a list of resources
- Has the Association or club registered your club for an exemption from GST (if applicable)?
that will assist you.
Please contact your appointed SNZ Softball officer for further assistance with the creation or the processes for any of the above